Tupras became the most successful Turkish industrial organization within the scope of HORIZON 2020, which is the most important research and innovation program in Europe and the world's highest budget grant program, which was established by the EU to support scientific and applied research, development and innovation projects. With its 11 R&D projects in HORIZON 2020 Program, Tüpraş received 5.86 million Euros.
Ibrahim Yelmenoglu, General Manager of Tupras, pointed out that participating in the program is an important means for the development of new technologies and access to advanced technologies in cooperation with specialized persons and institutions. “This success is a result of the right strategic steps we have taken towards the future within the scope of our R&D activities. At Tupras, we prioritize new technologies focused on efficiency, environment and digitization. The competent research team, advanced laboratory infrastructure and effective internal and inter-institutional cooperation lie behind our success, which is the result of intensive work,” says Yelmenoglu.
Projects of Tüpraş supported under the HORIZON 2020 Grant Program:
- SafeAST: Continuous Structural Condition Tank Integrity Monitoring of Above Ground Storage Tanks (2015-2017)
- iPerm: Guided Wave Monitoring Tool (2016-2019)
- INTEGROIL: Demonstration of a Decision Support System for a Novel Integrated Solution Aimed at Water Reuse in the Oil&Gas Industry (2016-2019)
- FUDIPO: Future Directions of Production Planning and Optimized Energy and Process Industries (2016-2020)
- Indus3Es: Industrial Energy and Environment Efficiency (2015-2019)
- BIZEOLCAT: Bifunctional Zeolite Based Catalysts and Innovative Process for Sustainable Hydrocarbon Transformation (2019-2023)
- BAMBOO: Boosting New Approaches for Flexibility Management by Optimizing Process Off-Gas and Waste Use (2018-2022)
- MOF4AIR: Metal Organic Frameworks for Carbon Dioxide Adsorption Processes in Power Production and Energy Intensive Industries (2019-2023)
- COZMOS: Efficient CO2 Conversion over Multisite Zeolite-Metal Nanocatalysts to Fuels and Olefins (2019-2023)
- FACT-LOG: Energy-Aware Factory Analytics for Process Industries (2019-2023)
- MACBETH: Membranes and Catalysts beyond Economic and Technological Hurdles (2019-2024)