German lubricant company Klüber, operating in many countries of the world with its deep-rooted history dating back to 1929, announced its sustainability targets as it enters 2023.
Considering the production of its products in an environmentally friendly and responsible way as a part of its corporate culture, Klüber has involved its business partners in the supply chain in its sustainability commitment. The company, which imposes responsibility on its business partners on issues such as compliance with social and ethical rules and reduction of carbon footprint in the use of its products and services, called for transparency to all its stakeholders. The sustainability goals announced by the company are as follows:
- Act responsibly and ethically in all areas and situations in accordance with the Code of Conduct and the UN Global Compact.
- Proven reductions in carbon emissions up to climate neutrality of the entire supply chain until 2045.
- Regularly updated and optimized ecological footprint/life cycle assessments on all raw materials and packages.
- Increasing the share of recyclates in the raw materials and packages.
- Together with suppliers, create more sustainable solutions for customers through innovative products.
Setting target indicators for 2025, 2030 and 2035 based on criteria such as product carbon footprint, carbon emissions, renewable / recycled raw material content, green energy, responsible and ethical behavior, Klüber said, “We count on our suppliers to support us in achieving our goals. With this in mind, please set the course for a long-term business relationship based on partnership and take the appropriate steps.”
Stating that the results to be published by its suppliers will affect their procurement processes and supplier assessments, the company also thanked its stakeholders for their support of the new strategy they developed for a more sustainable future.